Get the inside scoop on the techniques and ideas Mr. Arnold discusses in his clinics throughout the world
This book is a power house of ideas about how to practice, what to practice and the tools that will take you to the next level
Have you been asking yourself:
- How can I better organize my practice sessions?
- What are the important things to learn if I want to play like a professional guitarist?
- What are the secrets that professional players use to gain such a high degree of skill?
- How can I learn music theory on the guitar when it seems impossible?
- How can I organize scales so they make sense on the guitar?
- How can I play chromatic and jazzy melodic lines in my soloing?
- How can I change chord progressions so they sound aren’t so boring?
- How can I get a modern sound into my playing?
- What is a good way to play scales on the guitar?
- How do contemporary musician organize their melodic and harmonic thinking to get such interesting sounds?
Please Note: We highly recommend that you also work with the Guitar Technique and Physiology Course so that you develop the proper technique when working on any of the concepts found in Guitar Clinic
The secret techniques and exercises to take you to the next level.
Guitar Clinic provides you with techniques and exercises Mr. Arnold uses in the many clinics and workshops he has given over the years, and was written as a response to the many questions students have asked him. Essential information and instruction is given in clear, easy to understand language, addressing the needs of both beginning and advanced students.
- Topics covered include:
- Tricks on how to read music faster and more accurately.
- “Beat Reading” The secret sight reading tool to take your ability to a professional level.
- How to organize and study rhythm.
- An in-depth Music Theory section covering scales and chords for beginners and intermediate students.
- The secrets of chord and scale construction.
- Approach Notes: that special ingredient behind great jazz lines and contemporary chromatic melodic lines.
- Reharmonization approaches for chord and melodic lines.
- Pitch Class Based systems for harmony and melody
- Scale fingerings for Major, Dorian, Major and Minor Pentatonic and Blues scales.
- Hexatonic based structures to create contemporary sounding compositions and improvisations.
I know Mr. Arnold’s books are considered cutting edge but which ones are right for me?
Much of the material in Guitar Clinic is culled from Bruce’s educational series, over 100 books in all. The student wishing to expand on his or her studies will find suggestions within the text as to which of his books will best serve their specific needs.
A great introduction to Mr. Arnold’s teaching methods
Guitar Clinic is a great introduction to Mr. Arnold’s teaching methods.
- You will find excerpts from the following books:
- Rhythm Primer
- Music Rhythm Series
- Odd Meters
- Chord Workbook for Guitar Volume One Guitar Chords Chord Progressions
- Chord Workbook for Guitar Volume Two
- Music Theory Workbook for Guitar Volume One
- Music Theory Workbook for Guitar Volume Two
- MY MUSIC: Application of 12 Tone Techniques to Jazz Composition and Improvisation
Get on board and energize your practice and playing sessions with a well organized system.
Guitar Clinic has more information than you will find in most books even though it’s primariy excerpts from other Bruce Arnold books. This gives you a clue to the deep amount of information contained in all of his other books. Guitar Clinic really lays it out for you so that you have an overview of some of the major books Mr. Arnold has written for guitar.
- Additional Information:
- Digital Edition IBSN: 978-1-59489-713-9
- Physical Edition IBSN: 978-1-890944-45-2
- 107 pages
- What people are saying:
- I’ve had my eye on Mr. Arnold’s books for some time now. Guitar Clinic was a great way to see what he was all about. Such a great teacher and player. I found his ideas to be well organized and straight to the point with easy to understand language. I can see why he is in so much demand! B. Boylen
- I’d highly recommend Guitar Clinic for any guitarist if you want to get the inside scoop on how Bruce organizes his practice sessions. I learned a ton of stuff from this book and went on to buy many of the books that are excerpted throughout, and all I can say is this guy has got the goods and he knows how to teach. And that’s pretty freaking rare! T. Henry
- I’m a beginning student and purchased this book to see what Mr. Arnold was all about. Although some of the material went WAY over my head the beginning information on playing rhythm, music theory, scales and chords was very helpful. I wish there would have been more information on his ear training but I found his blog on brucearnold.com to be very good for that stuff. R.Youngman
- Get this book you won’t be sorry. Full of practical info on playing the guitar. I emailed Bruce and he provided me with a plan for practicing all this stuff which was great. There was so much I just couldn’t see how to organize it but Bruce showed my what I needed to concentrate on right now and how to do that in a one hour practice session. Thanks Bruce!! P. Peters.
Status: In stock, Digital book is available for immediate access.
- Recommended books to use with Guitar Clinic
- What should I work on after Guitar Clinic?