Pure Country Ear Training Direct Application
Pure Country Ear Training is one of the "Direct Application" ear training courses. You should work on this course when you are getting around 50% correct notes with the Ear Training One Note Complete course. Pure Country Ear Training gives you Country Music Grooves that serve multiple purposes. The first is to create a simple enough real music situation wherein a beginning ear training student can learn "One Note" Ear Training. The second is to create a real music situation that sounds pleasing and within the chosen style. The third is to create music tracks that are in common key centers like Major, Dorian, Lydian, Mixolydian, Aeolian with Phrygian and Locrian added, for a complete picture of the modes of a Major Scale. Fourth is to create an ear training exercise wherein a student can also play along, thus additionally developing improvisational skills. Please check out the example MP3s to see if you agree that this course meets those requirements.
Also Our New Line Of Applied Ear Training Products:
Recently we have expanded our offerings for Direct Application with the Practice Perfect Applied Ear Training Series. This series goes further in-depth using various styles and types of progressions so that you can apply your ear training skills directly to real music. Both series are recommended for all students getting over 50% correct notes with Ear Training One Note
Practice Perfect Series:
- Practice Perfect Applied Ear Training Series
- Practice Perfect Applied Jazz Ear Training Series
- Practice Perfect Applied Jazz Standard Ear Training Series
- Slash Chord Series
- Practice Perfect Applied Classical Ear Training Series
Key Center Development
By far the biggest problem I run into with students is their inability to hear in key centers that are anything other than simple triadic based situations. Obviously most music does not fit into this narrow window so an ear training student needs to work on ear training within more varied musical settings. But these settings need to be simple enough to be encouraging.
A Delicate Balance
By listening to the MP3 examples below I think you will agree that a nice balance has been achieved by making backing tracks that are simple yet musically rewarding to listen to. By then placing a "One Note" ear training environment over these tracks you give a student a situation where they can develop their ear training skills in a simple yet musical setting.
Why Most Ear Training Exercises Don't Work
I realized a long time ago that just doing ear training exercises that involve a stark non musical exercise will not necessarily lead to being able to apply it in a real-time music situation. If you are currently working on one of muse-eek.com's courses that can be described as a "non-musical exercise" or using other exercises on or off the internet, you need to realize that non-musical exercises, while helpful, are not the final answer to your ear training journey. YOU NEED DIRECT APPLICATION of your learning to real music.
Direct Application Approach
Muse Eek Publishing has created many Direct Application courses to help a student apply their budding ear training skills to real music settings. It is a growing list of courses. Here is a current round up of available courses that are a must-own for anyone who wants to develop true ear training skills in a performance context.
- The Direct Application Series gives you a series of courses to develop your ability to hear and sing over real music situations. The courses include Direct Application Ear Training Volume One, Secondary Dominants: Direct Ear Training Application, Direct Application CD Volume One Major. and Direct Application CD Volume Two Dorian.
- Direct Application Ear Training Harmonic Major Modes.
- Ear Training For Children and Others Young At Heart.
- Singing the Blues
- As an honorable mention I'm including the Scale Analysis Course because this mega course teaches you how contextual ear training applies to multiple chord progressions which of course occurs a lot in the real musical world.
Examples of MP3s Found in the Pure Country Ear Training Course.
A small PDF is also included to explain this type of Contextual Based Ear Training if you are unfamiliar with this type of ear training.
Below are 7 excerpts from the 84 tracks found in this course.
- A Major
- E Dorian
- Bb Phrygian
- D Lydian
- F Mixolydian
- Ab Aeolian
- C Locrian
- Additional Information:
- Digital Edition 978-1-59489-446-6
- 84 MP3s Playing grooves for 7 modes of Major in 12 keys. 12 Page PDF
- What people are saying about Pure Country Ear Training
- Being a country music lover this is a great collection of tracks to help me improve in my ear training. I just listen in the car as I commute. Some nice music and love the slide guitar work G. Eberts
- Hey Mr. Arnold thanks for putting together these tracks. I'm having a lot of fun with the Mixolydian track and it's odd that I actually like the Locrian track. I though it would be weird but it wasn't. D. Li
- I'm finding I do more ear training with these tracks because they are attached to music I like. I know the other more "traditional" exercises help too, but I find myself drawn to these because I like to hear them. Thanks R. Vaughn
- Simple no fancy stuff. That's the way I like my ear training and my music in general. Thanks Bruce for digging out the country roots inside of you! E. Svolet.