Status: In stock, Digital book is available for immediate access.
720 Sweep Arpeggio Patterns for Instrumentalists
Sweep Arpeggio Patterns sound awesome because they combine chord tones and tensions. This book will help any instrumentalist interested in sweep arpeggio patterns to maximize their application. By working with some or possibly all of these 720 sweep arpeggio patterns you will gain the technical skills to permute any arpeggio so that it can be used more often, without sounding like a “lick.” Working with these patterns will also strengthen your ability to play more angular types of melodies, and will also show you a different way to outline chord types through an arpeggio. The course can be used by any musician, but is tailored to guitarists.
720 Sweep Arpeggio Patterns will also be very useful with the other sweep pattern books that I have released or will release, in the future. Musicians tend to play arpeggios from the bottom to the top or vise versa. This severely limits the use of these musical ideas. Working with these 720 patterns will help diversify your musical palette, and allows you to reuse material without it becoming repetitive or obvious to the listener.
Benefits From 720 Sweep Arpeggio Patterns
Here are some of the benefits from working with the 720 Sweep Arpeggio Patterns:
- Melodic diversity through arpeggiation
- An understanding of how a limited number of notes can be used in many musical situations.
- Technical control over arpeggiation
- Sight reading of angular melodies
- Theoretical understanding of the application of limited resources
- Excellent for sight singing especially if you include the MetroDrone in your practice.
- If you are a guitarist with weak sight reading skills you can still play the sweeps by using the String, Picking, Finger and Fret guide shown for all the sweep arpeggio patterns. See example below.
Examples from the 720 Sweep Arpeggio Patterns Course
The four examples below show you a few of the 720 sweep arpeggio patterns found in the course. It is recommended that you pick a few examples each week and then play them Cycle 5 to help with memorization and to build your technical skills.
Applying the 720 Sweep Arpeggio Patterns for C Major7add9
The course also includes a chart that presents all the possible applications of these C Major 7add9 arpeggios. For instance you could play this C Major7add9 over a D or A Minor Chord. A complete list is included in the course.
- Additional Information:
- Digital Edition 978-1-59489-447-3
- 38 Page PDF
- What people are saying about 720 Sweep Arpeggio Patterns
- Thanks for the advance copy of the 720 Sweep Arpeggio Patterns book. I guess I’m like many guitarists having a weak right hand when it comes to sweeping arpeggios and just started working with the book. It didn’t take long to see how this course will solve that problem. G. Cui
- Hi Bruce, I appreciate the quick reply and thanks for the encouragement. I found this course a little daunting but your points really helped me to see that it is a long process and I’ll gain a lot by just concentrating on one arpeggio each week. I also really appreciate you including the string, picking, finger and fret marking for each arpeggio. My sight reading skills are not that great and especially including the right hand pick markings really covers everything. That must have taken a long time to write out! E. Anders
- Thanks for the suggestion of using the MetroDrone with this course for singing. I’ve been memorizing one arpeggio pattern each week and then singing it in all keys with the MetroDrone going on in the back ground. This is really helping with my intonation! D. Roberts
- Hi, I originally found you through your blog on your artist website. Awesome book this is a Heavy Metal Guitarist dream book. I’m picking out the sweeps that are easy and cranking up the metronome. Killer sound! E. Swensen.