Single String Studies for Guitar Volume Two
[s3bubbleVideoSingle bucket="media.muse-eek.com" track="videos/SSSV1V2.mp4" aspect="16:9" autoplay="false" download="false"/]
Continuing the develop of four crucial aspects of learning guitar.
Volume Two continues the development of these 4 important guitar skills. Again, these are:
- Learning the names of all the pitches on the guitar.
- Connecting the notes found on a music staff to their location on the fretboard.
- Knowing where the notes are on the guitar by feel not by sight.
- Learning scales without relying on patterns.
The unique exercises in this book help you learn all four of these important techniques simultaneously
In Single String Studies for Guitar Volume Two the exercises are similar to Volume One but now rather than using traditional 7 note scales for each exercise, you have the introduction of pitch class sets based on 013. 014, 016, 027 and combinations. For more information on pitch class sets and their relationship to modern improvisation please see The Sonic Resource Guide or Mr. Arnold's My Music book. Both the aforementioned books will show you applications of pitch class sets to composition and improvisation.
Volume Two continues your development of guitar fretboard mastery by kicking these highly targeted exercises up a notch, making it a challenge for any guitarist at any level. Again, this book can be used by beginner, intermediate or advanced students. It's all about the speed at which you play the exercise that will determine the skill needed to play it correctly. A reminder that the Single String Studies books do require you to read music BUT the notes are all found on the same string for each exercise which actually makes it easier for a beginning student to master each exercise. All exercises use one rhythm, a repeating quarter note so you can spend all your energy playing the correct notes rather than worrying about various rhythms.
These concentrated exercises pay off with great dividends.
If you are having problem with:
- Learning all the notes on the guitar.
- Connecting the notes of the music staff to their position on the guitar fretboard.
- playing notes on the guitar fretboard without looking.
- Learning all the notes in common scales.
Then Single String Studies for Guitar Volume Two is your ticket to mastering these techniques.
Midifiles let you hear the correct pitches and you can control the speed of the exercise.
Midifiles are downloadable from the muse-eek.com website to help you check your accuracy. Students can also use this exercise for ear training if they incorporate the single string exercise and the audio files from MetroDrone.
A few minutes a day with this book will make a huge difference in your ability.
This book will:
- Make negotiating the guitar fretboard second nature.
- Help you learn how to connect music staff notation to your fretboard.
- Help you learn the ledger line notes above and below the staff.
- Help you learn all the notes in common scales.
- Additional Information:
- Digital Edition IBSN: 978-1-59489-874-7
- Physical Edition IBSN: 978-1-890944-05-6
- 91 pages with downloadable midifiles to check accuracy.
- What people are saying:
- I've continued with Volume Two of this series because it introduces accidentals into the exercises. I'm mostly doing these books to improve my reading and SSSV1 and V2 really get me to make a strong connection between the notes on the staff and their position on each string. J. Leonid
- I'm totally into Bruce's Pitch Class Improv thing so I'm really enjoying this book. It's helping me see various pitch class from a single string perspective. OK that's pretty anal but really it's helping get out of position playing which has always been one of my problems. H. Anders
- A very good book for getting your accidental reading together. Very Useful! R. Rogers.
I got this book because Mr. Arnold suggested I use it with the MetroDrone audio files to get better at singing melodies with a lot of accidentals in it. He mentioned that they had all this internal "pitch class set" structure but that's a little beyond my pay grade. Anyway if you are looking for some sight singing exercises this is a real good book for that. G. Grange.
Start Mastering the Guitar Fretboard Today!
Status: In stock, physical book ships in 24 hours. Digital book is available for immediate access.
FREE SHIPPING WHEN ORDER TOTAL IS OVER 200.00 USD.
- Recommended books to use with Single String Studies for Guitar Volume Two
- What should I work on after Single String Studies for Guitar Volume Two?
- Each student has different goals and reasons for working with the Single String Studies for recommendations for further study please contact Mr. Arnold at the link at bottom of page.