Set Theory for Improvisation Ensemble Method: Hexatonic 027 027
Want to develop a new way to improvise?.
Through written examples the "Set Theory Ensemble Book" series teaches you how to develop hexatonic melodies uses non-tertial melodic lines that go in and out of the key center. This is the backbone to creating modern sounding melodic lines. Each etude helps you hear various possibilities. This book is very good for finding good melodies to play over Major 7, Minor 7 and Dominant 7th sus4 chords.
12 études using an 027 027 pitch class set.
The "Set Theory Ensemble Book" series examines many aspects of creating melodic lines and chordal accompaniments using various music theory constructs. Each book concentrates on one concept and explores various combinations of note groupings, rhythms, metric level, melodic range and density. There are 12 études, one in each key, which can be played over a variety of chords. These études range from highly diatonic to non-diatonic examples, depending on the organization of the material. The more diatonic examples occur at the beginning of each book. The chord that you choose to play with each example will determine the relative dissonance. It should be mentioned that Time Transformation contains all the information found in this book.
Modernize your playing with Set Theory for Improvisation Ensemble Method: Hexatonic 027 027
- Additional Information:
- Physical IBSN: 978-1-59489-920-1
- Digital IBSN: 978-1-59489-502-9
- 127 pages
- What people are saying:
- I've been looking for information on this contemporary approach and I was both surprised and happy to run across both Set Theory for Improvisation Ensemble Method: Hexatonic 027 027 and the Set Theory for Improvisation Ensemble Method: 027 016 book. It's not so easy to find any publications that helps you apply pitch class set theory in an improvisational setting. These études really gave me a lot of ideas on how to solo. Very impressive. R. Thoms
- The études in Set Theory for Improvisation Ensemble Method: Hexatonic 027 027 gave me many ideas on how 027 027 melodies can be developed. Very unusual phrasing I also find intreging. I've also been using this book in conjunction with the MetroDrone and singing through the etude so I can engrain these types of melodies deep inside myself. I would highly recommend this book for anyone looking for a modern a way to improvise. S. Polly
- Sonic Resource Guide and Set Theory for Improvisation Ensemble Method: Hexatonic 027 027 have been my main practice tools lately. If you haven't checked out the trichord combination of 027 027 as a vehicle for improvisation then you are really missing out on something that is awesome. A similar sound to playing in fourths but much more elegant and using the trichords for chordal accompaniment will certainly turn some heads. If you want to make your playing more contemporary then don't overlook these books. G. Lee
- For me the application of Bruce Arnold's concepts for modern improvisation have opened up a whole new world for me. Before finding his Sonic Resource Guide and the Set Theory books I really thought that everything that could be said had been said. Boy was I proven wrong. The Set Theory books showed me examples of how to improvise with various pitch class sets. It also is killer sight reading material. Each exercise shows you a different way to combine the 027s. Some times its completely inside type of lines and sometimes it in and out of the key center. I highly recommend these books if you dig the contemporary sound. Y. Kocher.
Modernize your sound! Get Set Theory for Improvisation Ensemble Method: Hexatonic 027 027 TODAY!
Status: In stock, Physical book ships in 24 hours.
FREE SHIPPING WHEN ORDER TOTAL IS OVER 200.00 USD.
- Recommended books to use with Set Theory for Improvisation Ensemble Method: Hexatonic 027 027
- What should I work on after Set Theory for Improvisation Ensemble Method: Hexatonic 027 027?