Doing Time with the Blues Volume One
Feel Time Don’t Count Time
Doing Time with the Blues Volume One..is a must own for any instrumentalist seeking to develop a strong sense of time.
This book is part of a series of books which are designed to teach a student:
- How to develop a better internal sense of time.
- Feel music on a more macro level.
- Develop an innate sense of musical form.
- Develop a more natural feel that breathes with the music.
“Feel Time” don’t “Count Time.”
All this is accomplished by requiring the student to “feel time” don’t “count time.” within a Blues Form. There are numerous exercises in the Doing Time with the Blues Volume One that will help develop this new sense of time.
The audio files provides you with eight 8 minute tracks at different tempos in which the time is delineated every 2 bars, and with an extra hit every 12 bars to outline the blues form. The student may then use the exercises presented in the book to gain control of their execution or improvise to gain control of their ideas using this bare minimum of time delineation.
Get Doing Time with the Blues Volume One Today!
- Additional Information:
- Digital Edition IBSN: 978-1-59489-600-2
- Physical Edition IBSN: 978-1-890944-17-9
- 58 pages: Physical version of this book contains a CD. Digital Version of this book includes MP3 audio files.
- What people are saying
- I’ve been using this book with a drummer friend of mine. We play duets using the blues form and trade solos every 2, 4, 6 and 12 bars. These audio files keep us honest….It will get your time together pronto! G. Williams
- I’ve been working with the Big Metronome and the Doing Time books over the last few years. I really appreciate the concept behind these books: Feel time, don’t count it. This is a challenge but it works if you just follow the instructions in the book. It really frees up your playing in a big way. R. Petrenko
- It’s easy to walk over beats, but soloing is a completely different story. I’m a bassist and have been using this book with a guitarist friend to improve our overall rhythm…. This will keep you on your toes! T. Maslow
Status: In stock, physical book ships in 24 hours. Digital book is available for immediate access.
FREE SHIPPING WHEN ORDER TOTAL IS OVER 200.00 USD.
- Recommended books to use with Doing Time with the Blues Volume One
- What should I work on after Doing Time with the Blues Volume One?
- Best to contact Mr. Arnold at email address at bottom of page to discuss best material to work on after Doing Time with the Blues Volume One