Doing Time with the Blues Volume Two
Feel Time Don’t Count Time
Doing Time with the Blues Volume Two..is a must own for any instrumentalist seeking to develop a strong sense of time.
Volume Two works with larger units of time to develop an even more refined sense of time.
This book is part of a series of books which are designed to teach a student:
- How to develop a better internal sense of time.
- Feel music on a more macro level.
- Develop an innate sense of musical form.
- Develop a more natural feel that breathes with the music.
“Feel Time” don’t “Count Time.”
All this is accomplished by requiring the student to “feel time” don’t “count time.” within a Blues Form. There are numerous exercises in the Doing Time with the Blues Volume Two that will help develop this new sense of time.
The audio files provides you with eight 8 minute tracks at different tempos in which the time is delineated every 4 bars, and with an extra hit every 12 bars to outline the blues form. The student may then use the exercises presented in the book to gain control of their execution or improvise to gain control of their ideas using this bare minimum of time delineation.
- Additional Information:
- Digital Edition IBSN: 978-1-59489-601-9
- Physical Edition IBSN: 978-1-890944-18-6
- 58 pages: Physical version of this book contains a CD. Digital Version of this book includes MP3 audio files.
- What people are saying:
- I play piano and I’ve been using Doing Time with the Blues Volume Two to work on feeling 4 bars as a basic unit of time. The slower the tempo, the harder it gets. Through the exercises in the book and just playing through my favorite blues tunes, I really changed both my perception of time and my ability to keep time without counting. V. Golubev
- The concept behind these doing time books really works. It has really helped my time and particularly helped me to hold the form when drummers are soloing. Totally Recommend. H. Alvarez
- I’ve been working with both the Doing Time with the Blues and the Doing Time with 32 Bars. It can get pretty frustrating, and there were times I almost gave up, but then the payoff came. Certainly not a book for a total beginner though the more I think about it, it could be cool you would just have to be a real fanatic beginner :) Anyway glad I found these books and this time concept. I’ve found no one else is even talking about these concepts much less offering a product that you can use to master it. Kudos to Muse Eek! P. Kristensen.
Get Doing Time with the Blues Volume Two Today!
Status: In stock, physical book ships in 24 hours. Digital book is available for immediate access.
FREE SHIPPING WHEN ORDER TOTAL IS OVER 200.00 USD.
- Recommended books to use with Doing Time with the Blues Volume Two
- What should I work on after Doing Time with the Blues Volume Two?
- Best to contact Mr. Arnold at email address at bottom of page to discuss best material to work on after Doing Time with the Blues Volume Two