Lines Volume One: Sight Reading and Sight Singing Exercises
Lines Volume One: Sight Reading and Sight Singing Exercises...helps you sing in a choir or multi-part singing group.
- Ear Training: One Note Advanced
- Contextual Ear Training
- Fanatic's Guide to Sight Reading and Sight Singing
A dramatic new way to approach part singing.
This is a new ear training and sight singing book which takes a different approach by utilizing single line and part singing; where one voice is played while another is sung.
The use of midifiles and a program like GarageBand allows you to isolate parts
You can download free midifiles of these exercises as an alternative to playing them. These files let the user turn other tracks off or on at will. This lets you to isolate your part and sing along with up to 3 other parts.
Sing four part harmony
Each exercise in the Lines Volume One: Sight Reading and Sight Singing Exercises is a four part song where you can control:
- Which voice you are singing.
- The speed at which the song is played.
- The number of voices being played.
- The volume of each voice.
If you are having problems singing in a multi-part situation then Lines Volume One: Sight Reading and Sight Singing Exercises is your ticket to overcoming these issues.
"Rhythm Changes," the popular jazz standard is used for each exercise.
120 exercises are contained in this book. Each exercise allows you first to concentrate on singing one voice by itself. There are four voices for each version of "Rhythm Changes." So you can learn your part first, and then add in other parts as you feel comfortable.
Lines Volume One: Sight Reading and Sight Singing Exercises gets progressively harder as you go.
Each version of "Rhythm Changes" gets progressively harder by adding in more and more harmonic substitutions which cause each melody line to get more and more chromatic.
Lines Volume One: Sight Reading and Sight Singing Exercises is a great way to start applying your "key center" based ear training skills.
These exercises will give you first hand experience singing independent melodic lines in a graduated method. We recommend that you practice the single melody lines with a drone like the ones that can be found in MetroDrone.
Remember Bruce Arnold is here to help you through the process.
Now that you are moving into the more advanced levels of Ear Training it is important that you check in every few months so Mr. Arnold can check on your process. It's easy to go off track with the ear training so keep in touch and make sure you are improving at your fastest pace.
As always check out the FAQ they will give you:
- A more complete understanding of the method.
- An insight into the problems and solutions others have had with this ear training.
- Encouragement that you can do this, and that it just takes daily dedication.
- Additional Information:
- Digital IBSN: 978-1-59489-881-5
- Physical IBSN: 978-1-890944-09-4
- 120 pages with free downloadable midifiles for each exercise. Digital edition comes with the midiifiles
- What people are saying:
- I sing in my church choir and Lines Volume One: Sight Reading and Sight Singing Exercises has really helped me isolate melodies within a 4 part harmony and work on hearing them in the key center. Before I found muse-eek.com's ear training I was trying to sing note to note and gauge the distance between notes. What a nightmare! I was singing off key and it was really hard to master my part. I've been working with Ear Training One Note Complete and Contextual Ear Training and now the Lines Volume One: Sight Reading and Sight Singing Exercises book and this combination has been great! I really feel like I'm finally getting somewhere with my singing. T. Anderson.
- I'm a jazz singer and found these versions of "Rhythm Changes" to be super useful. Plus they give interesting harmonic palettes for each example. Some are highly challenging and really give me a lot of ideas for improvising melodies over "Rhythm Changes" which is great because those chord changes apply to so many jazz and contemporary tunes. D. Henry.
- I've really enjoyed working through the examples in the book. It's great to be able to concentrate on one part and then add in other parts at will. The midifiles are a godsend I can pick and choose with of the four parts to have playing. I can have my part play or not. This is a great idea to develop part singing. Love it. T. Schein.
Get Lines Volume One: Sight Reading and Sight Singing Exercises today and improve your ear training and sight singing skills!
Status: In stock, Physical book ships in 24 hours. Digital book is available for immediate access.
FREE SHIPPING WHEN ORDER TOTAL IS OVER 200.00 USD.
- Recommended books to use with Lines Volume One: Sight Reading and Sight Singing Exercises
- What should I work on after Lines Volume One: Sight Reading and Sight Singing Exercises?
- Please contact Bruce for additional ear training exercises..