New York Guitar Method Volume Two
New York Guitar Method Volume Two reveals the secrets of jazz and chromatic playing
- Ever wonder what those chromatic notes are that jazz, rock and fusion guitar players use when they are not playing scales and arpeggios?
- Want to get that jazz sound where you can play a melody without chords and hear the chord progression go by just based on the melody?
Look no further
The 24 chapters of New York Guitar Method Volume Two cover all aspects of using this more advanced way of playing called approach notes. It gives you a way to organize how you practice them, but it doesn’t stop there. It gives you all the fingerings for 13 different arpeggios in 4 positions on the guitar. It includes all the upper four string chord voicings so you can bring your funk, R + B, and jazz chord playing to another level. It also demystifies Passing Diminished scales and gives you a detailed list of how chords and scales interact. A Chord Reharmonization is also included to show you how you can change chord progressions to make them more interesting and dynamic. A must own for any guitarist that wants to understand the advanced knowledge that most progressive rock, fusion and jazz players possess.
Learn the crucial upper four string chord voicings.
Jazz, Rock R & B and Fusion guitar players all use the upper four string chord voicings. Ever wonder how jazz players play those chord solos or what chords James Brown’s guitarist uses to get those funky grooves? Well, it’s all the upper four string voicings; something any serious guitarist needs to know. New York Guitar Method Volume Two gives you a highly organized system to learn these chords.
- The following chords are covered:
Learn an arpeggio method that covers the entire fretboard
The following Arpeggios are covered:
Learn all the practical ways approach notes can be used.
- The following applications of Approach Notes are covered:
- Chromatic figures
- Diatonic figures
- Chord Tones on Beats 1 and 3
- Chord Tones on a 2 5 1 Progression
- Chord Tones on Every Beat
- Approaches to Tensions
- Approaches to Superimpositions
- Reharmonization and Approaches
- Approach note application to a Major Scale
- Approach note application to a Bebop Scales
- Approach note application to Chord Tones Off the Beat
- Approach note application to Modal Sequencing
- Delayed Resolution Approaches
- Approaching Approach Notes
- Compound Approaches
- Intervallic Approaches
- Approaches to Intervallic Structure 027 by Chord
- Approaches to Intervallic Structure 027 by Key
- Approaches to Intervallic Structure 013 by Chord
- Approaches to Intervallic Structure 013 by Key
New York Guitar Method Volume Two has a companion book New York Guitar Method Ensemble Book Two
There is a companion volume New York Guitar Method Ensemble Book Two
Bringing together several Muse Eek Books in order to make a unified push to raise your musicianship
New York Guitar Method Volume Two utilizes carefully chosen excerpts from other Muse Eek Publications. In the case of New York Guitar Method Ensemble Book Two
New York Guitar Method Volume Two is an unmatched series of books covering all the things you need to become a world class guitarist.
By combining both theoretical and practical application, this series of books gives you everything you need to become a great guitarist. Get a comprehensive education by working through the entire New York Guitar Method series.
- Additional Information:
- Digital Edition 978-1-59489-865-5
- 150 pages and many additional free midifiles in our member’s area
- What people are saying:
- In my opinion New York Guitar Method Volume Two and New York Guitar Method Ensemble Book Two are what any aspiring jazz guitarist should get. You can’t play Bebop without knowing about Approach Notes so that alone is worth the price. Arnold gives you 24 ways to use approach notes and it isn’t long before you realize that these two books are totally demystifying how all those great jazz guys play the way they do. I could study these books for the rest of my life. A. Lazarus
- OK someone has to say it: New York Guitar Method Volume Two and New York Guitar Method Ensemble Book Two are extremely hard books and not for the faint hearted. So if you aren’t aiming to become a world class guitarist you won’t last long. The information you get is completely smoking but it will take you years of work to get through it. What do you get at the other end. Well, check out the author, Bruce Arnold on YouTube and you’ll get an idea. So like I said, if you don’t have the ambition and the drive, don’t get these books. But if you do…..! T. Mendoza
- I actually emailed Bruce Arnold and asked him to recommend which of his books to study. He told me to send him an MP3, and after he gave it a listen he recommended the New York Guitar Method Volume Two and New York Guitar Method Ensemble Book Two because from listening to my playing he heard that I mostly used scales and arpeggios but hadn’t really incorporated much chromaticism or some of the techniques used in BeBop. Of course I could argue that that was why I contacted him, as my playing wasn’t going where I wanted. To make a long story short Bruce gave me a detailed plan on how to use these books and warned me that the study could take a year or more, but that’s okay with me. I’m 6 months into the work now and I’m starting to really feel that chord changes aren’t that hard to play over anymore, plus I know the neck so much better, I’m just flying through changes. I still can’t double time with these approach note ideas, but the main thing is, Bruce really zeroed in on what I needed, and now I know what I am working toward and how to get there. J. Stevens.
- I own and have partially worked through all of the New York Guitar Method Series. I don’t know how long it will take me to finish and honestly I’m not that concerned about it. Because meanwhile I’m learning music and loving my guitar ;-) It’s up to me to buckle down and do the work. So I totally agree with some of these reviews. If you want to get the big picture get this New York Guitar Method Series it’s a must own in my opinion. H. Feldman.
Whether you are a total beginner or an advanced guitarist there is a book in this series that is perfect for you. GET STARTED TODAY!
Status: In stock, Digital book is available for immediate access.
- Recommended books to use with New York Guitar Volume Two
- What should I work on after New York Guitar Method Volume Two?