New York Guitar Method Primer Ensemble Book Two
Two is better than one!
New York Guitar Method Primer Ensemble Book 2 is the companion book for the New York Guitar Method Primer Book 2. It gives you exercises to apply the information learned in the Primer Two Book.
Primer Ensemble Book Two will help you to:
- Apply the scales you are learning by improvising with them over chord vamps.
- Learn strumming patterns to gain better knowledge of accompaniment.
- Learn chord progressions to help you memorize each new chord.
- Memorize all the notes on the guitar by concentrating on one string at a time.
- Develop you rhythm skills by playing simple etudes.
- Develop your recognition of written rhythms and how they sound.
- Learn to sight read on the guitar, using a graduated method.
If this is what you want for your playing, then New York Guitar Method Primer Ensemble Book 2 will get you organized so you can develop the skills that you find in a world class musician.
Primer Ensemble Book Two applies 10 different scales in multiple ways:
- Etudes which concentrate on one scale.
- Single string studies to isolate each scale to one string.
- Chord vamps to apply the scale via improvisation.
- Each chapter concentrates on one scale and covers the following:
- Major Pentatonic
- Minor Pentatonic
So is this book the right book for you?
Ask yourself these questions:
- Does my ability to play chord progressions need improvement?
- Is my fretboard knowledge spotty?
- Is my ability to read chord charts hit-or-miss?
- Does my understanding of theory need work?
- Does my sight reading skill need improvement?
- Is my rhythm playing in the groove?
- Do I have a hard time staying within the form when I play music?
- Is my scale mastery weak or incomplete?
If the answer is YES then "New York Guitar Method Primer Ensemble Book 2" will get you on track to solving your problems. Filling in these gaps in your playing will make you a much better musician and give you the confidence to tackle any type of music.
Here are a couple of examples of MP3s that can be played or downloaded to help you learn each chord progression
Bringing together many Muse Eek Books to make a unified push to raise your musicianship
Much of New York Guitar Method is compiled from other Muse Eek publications; several books have been excerpted to form this series. In the case of NYGM Primer Ensemble Book Two, additional content has been taken from:
- Rhythm Primer
- Single Sting Studies for Guitar Volume One
The New York Guitar Method is an unmatched series of books!
By combining both theoretical and practical applications,covers all the things you need to become a world class guitarist. Get a consistent education by working through the entire New York Guitar Method Series.
- Additional Information:
- Digital Edition 978-1-59489-862-4
- Physical IBSN: 978-1-59489-915-7
- 129 pages and many additional free files and videos in our member's area
- What people are saying:
- I'm an intermediate player and have taken a few music theory courses in high school. I got both the Primer 2 and Ensemble Primer 2 at the same time, and skipped the Primer One book. There is a lot of really important stuff to be gained from working through this book, but for a while I was fighting what felt like "homework". It finally dawned on me after an email I received from Bruce where he told me "It doesn't matter how much you know it's how much of what you know that you can actually play." So now I understand why Bruce had me writing out every fricking chord using staff and fretboard notation. It's like, I could say I know how to build a chord but could I instantly tell you what notes are in a Gb Major 7#5 chord. Nope! I can play a Ab Phrygian scale if I sit down and think about it but can I on the fly start improvising with that scale at a rehearsal? Don't think so! So that was my eureka moment. The point is, if you work with these books all this stuff becomes second nature. I can't believe it took me so long to get it, but I'm glad I did at last. What a difference in my playing. P. Kantor
- I recently graduated to the NYGM V1. Took me 8 months of one hour a day practice to get there but, I can feel and hear the improvement in my playing and my understanding of music. Now I can play the pop songs I love, and even get into creative strumming! I can improvise SO MUCH BETTER over most of these songs, and I'm getting a lot better at reading music. but the best thing is that I understand where music theory is coming from, and I used to be scared of it. I'm still having issues with my ear training and my rhythm takes a dive every once in a while but from working with NYGM, I know how my own work will pay off in the long run. I also have to say the multiple emails exchanges with Mr. Arnold helped me immensely, I was really surprised that I could communicate with him, but he is a real straight shooter. I totally recommend these books if you are the kind of person who needs a structured approach to learning the guitar. D. Timmons
- I'm a music lover with some very troubling rhythm problems. I had read great reviews so I got NYGM Primer One and immediate felt lost. I contacted Mr. Arnold and he made some really crazy recommendations for me to tackle my rhythm issues. First he said don't even bother opening the book we have to work on some real basics. First thing he asked me was whether I walked before I crawled. I contacted my mother and sure enough I was walking very early. Bruce explained that for lots of people the coordination that is formed from crawling builds a rhythmic ability that you don't get from walking. Basically it takes more coordination and rhythm to crawl because you are using all four limbs. So believe it or not the first thing he had me do was crawl on the floor for a few minutes a day. I got the hang of it pretty fast (but my girlfriend was starting to wonder about me and this Arnold character!) Then he had me doing a bunch of tapping with my hand while walking for about two weeks. After all that, I started working from the book. He had me start immediately on the chord progressions in NYGM Primer One and sure enough my strumming rhythm was much better than it had ever been. This is why you need to study with this guy he isn't one dimensional and he has decades of experience. Thanks Bruce for taking the time to help me through my problem!! I've now moved on to the Primer two books and going strong. Get on board with Bruce you won't be sorry. H. Walker.
- I contacted Bruce after I got these books to help me organize a practice schedule. This really helped me focus in on my specific issues. He also had me get some of his ear training books. (Ear Training One Note Complete and Contextual Ear Training.) The ET has been kicking my ass but as Bruce explained to me, I needed to improve my ear along with my mental knowledge of music. I feel like Bruce's approach is very holistic and I'm already starting to see how much more in touch I am with music. W. Wilson.
Whether you are a total beginner or an advanced guitarist there is a book in this series that is perfect for you. GET STARTED TODAY!
Status: In stock, physical book ships in 24 hours. Digital book is available for immediate access.
FREE SHIPPING WHEN ORDER TOTAL IS OVER 200.00 USD.
- Recommended books to use with New York Guitar Method Primer Ensemble Book Two
- What should I work on after New York Guitar Method Primer Ensemble Book Two?