New York Guitar Method Ensemble Book Two
New York Guitar Method Ensemble Book Two
is the companion book for New York Guitar Method Ensemble Book One
If you have already purchased New York Guitar Method Ensemble Book One you know that these books are seriously going to get your guitar playing to a higher level. New York Guitar Method Ensemble Book Two continues these successfully proven exercises with more advanced odd meter rhythm exercises, chromatic fretboard knowledge études, upper four string guitar chord progressions and exercises. Each of the 24 chapters also demonstrates through études how to use approach notes. Have you always wondered what all those chromatic notes are that you hear when guitarists aren’t playing scales and arpeggios? Wonder no more. These études will show you 24 different ways to apply these approach note figures so you can understand what advanced rock and jazz players are doing. These time tested exercises are highly targeted and with a short 1/2 hour commitment each day you can truly transform your guitar playing.
Learn About Approach Note uses:
Approach notes are a completely different type of improvisation and composition method. New York Guitar Method Ensemble Book Two gives you:
- 24 chapters that demonstrate through études how to use approach notes.
- Odd meter rhythm exercises.
- Eighth and Sixteenth Note rhythm exercises.
- Upper four string guitar chord progressions with exercises.
- Single String Exercises to perfect your knowledge of the guitar fretboard.
- Classical études from Bach and Mozart.
New York Guitar Method Ensemble Book Two is geared for use as an ensemble book. It gives you:
- Arrangements for four guitars using the jazz standard “Rhythm Changes.”
- Written duets in the Bebop style.
- Chord Progressions that students can play chords while others solo.
- Rhythm exercises which can be played as single notes, or if the student is creative, as chord progressions.
- Multi-part classical pieces that develop a high level of accuracy within an ensemble situation.
Bringing together many Muse Eek Books into one to raise your musicianship
New York Guitar Method books contain carefully selected, relevant excerpts from other Muse Eek Publications, making each book a kind of compilation. In the case of New York Guitar Method Ensemble Book Two additional content has been taken from:
- Rhythms Volume One
- Rhythms Volume Two
- Odd Meters
- Chord Workbook for Guitar Volume Two
- Single String Studies for Guitar Volume Two
The New York Guitar Method is an unmatched series of book covering all the things you need to become a world class guitarist.
By combining both theoretical and practical applications, this series of books gives you everything you need to become a great guitarist. You will get a comprehensive education by working through the entire New York Guitar Method series.
- Additional Information:
- Digital Edition 978-1-59489-866-2
- Physical IBSN: 978-1-59489-907-2
- 443 pages with additional free midifiles available in our member’s area. Digital version comes packaged with midifiles
- What people are saying:
- In my opinion New York Guitar Method Volume Two and New York Guitar Method Ensemble Book Two are what any aspiring jazz guitarist should get. You can’t play Bebop without knowing about Approach Notes so that alone is worth the price. Arnold gives you 24 ways to use approach notes and it isn’t long before you realize that these two books are totally demystifying how all those great jazz guys play the way they do. I could study these books for the rest of my life. A. Lazarus
- OK someone has to say it: New York Guitar Method Volume Two and New York Guitar Method Ensemble Book Two are extremely hard books and not for the faint hearted. So if you aren’t aiming to become a world class guitarist you won’t last long. The information you get is completely smoking but it will take you years of work to get through it. What do you get at the other end. Well, check out the author, Bruce Arnold on YouTube and you’ll get an idea. So like I said, if you don’t have the ambition and the drive, don’t get these books. But if you do…..! T. Mendoza
- I actually emailed Bruce Arnold and asked him to recommend which of his books to study. He told me to send him an MP3, and after he gave it a listen he recommended the New York Guitar Method Volume Two and New York Guitar Method Ensemble Book Two because from listening to my playing he heard that I mostly used scales and arpeggios but hadn’t really incorporated much chromaticism or some of the techniques used in BeBop. Of course I could argue that that was why I contacted him, as my playing wasn’t going where I wanted. To make a long story short Bruce gave me a detailed plan on how to use these books and warned me that the study could take a year or more, but that’s okay with me. I’m 6 months into the work now and I’m starting to really feel that chord changes aren’t that hard to play over anymore, plus I know the neck so much better, I’m just flying through changes. I still can’t double time with these approach note ideas, but the main thing is, Bruce really zeroed in on what I needed, and now I know what I am working toward and how to get there. J. Stevens.
- I own and have partially worked through all of the New York Guitar Method Series. I don’t know how long it will take me to finish and honestly I’m not that concerned about it. Because meanwhile I’m learning music and loving my guitar ;-) It’s up to me to buckle down and do the work. So I totally agree with some of these reviews. If you want to get the big picture get this New York Guitar Method Series it’s a must own in my opinion. H. Feldman.
For the advanced guitarist New York Guitar Method Ensemble Book Two will challenge you on many levels, GET STARTED TODAY!
Status: In stock, physical book ships in 24 hours. Digital book is available for immediate access.
FREE SHIPPING WHEN ORDER TOTAL IS OVER 200.00 USD.
- Recommended books to use with New York Guitar Method Ensemble Book Two
- What should I work on after New York Guitar Method Ensemble Book Two?