Lines Choral Ear Training Studies SATB
Lines Choral Ear Training Studies SATB
Lines Choral Ear Training Studies
SATB is a abbreviation for Soprano, Alto, Tenor and Bass
The “Lines Choral Ear Training Studies” Course
Two things that you will learn from the “Lines Choral Ear Training Studies” Course is one, how to sing harmony and second how sing within a choir. But that is just the obvious things you can learn. This course has a lot of not so obvious changes it will make to your musicianship. Here is a list:
- The 12 examples in the course develops your ear training skills so that you can hear complicated harmony in one key center.
- Many times students have a hard time separating out multiple voices with a chord. This course gets right to the heart of the problem and has you sing these inner parts.
- Each of the four parts are not that hard to sing for most students but developing the skill to stay on your part with one or more other voices is usually quite challenging for students.
- Most students need work on hearing a key center when more complicated chords are used. This course helps you conquer this problem with progressions that get more and more challenging.
- Singing simple two or three part harmony on the spot is a skill that most musicians desire. This course will have you singing harmony in no time.
- There are additional exercises presented in the book like singing all the voices for each harmony linearly. This can really help develop the ability to hear complex chord progressions with a key center.
- This course also develops you key retention skills which is prerequisite to many of the more challenging courses within this ear training method.
MP3s found in the “Lines Choral Ear Training Studies” Course
There are many types of MP3s found within this course. First, they sound great by using realistic sounding voices. Listen to some of the examples further down this page, you will hear the realistic sound of each exercise. Some of the other highlights of these MP3s are:
- Multiple types of MP3s that get right to the heart of students problems such as key retention, staying on pitch and holding onto your part when other voices are present.
- Each part of the four part exercise can be heard by itself or with any combination of the other voices.
- Multiple tempos are included with many of the MP3s so that you can develop your skills to a high level but also to help you hear the whole exercise in one key center.
How to add “Lines Choral Ear Training Studies” Course to your practice schedule
In a nutshell, whatever exercise you decide to start with in this book it is recommend that you practice it up to 5X a day for 5 to 10 minutes. This will help you memorize the sound of each note within a key center which is the basis of this type of ear training. So with a short amount of practice time you can really make a difference in your ability over time.
This book will work for soprano, alto, tenor or bass singers i.e., SATB so everyone can use this method.
Here are some of the common exercises I have students work on from this book:
- Sing through each of the four single melody lines that make up the SATB. Use the MP3s or midfiile with an accompanying drone.
- Sing through each part of the two part harmony exercises.
- Sing with all three other voices playing.
It’s important that you hear the entire melody of each exercise in one key center. This can be difficult when the tempo is slower. I’ve included files with a drone of the key center. This will help in those situations where you tend to erroneously modulate.
This book is great for learning how to sing with a choir but it also teaches you how to hear and sing harmony through the use of exercises coupled with MP3’s. Here is a rundown of the different types of MP3s:
- There are full SATB MP3s that boost the volume of one voice within the four parts. This is helpful when trying to singing along with all four parts
- One and Two part MP3s are included so you can single out one of the melodies from the four parts or work on singing one part with an additional one or two note harmony
- Midifiles are included if you want to work in a different tempo.
This course develops
- Skills to sing in a choir
- A persons ability to sing with a harmony.
- Your ability to hear inner voicings within four part harmony.
- Contextual ear training skills
- Your ability to follow and sing melodies while other parts are played
- A persons ability to hear complex harmony while singing
- Your skills to harmonize a melody
Examples from the Course using Drone
Click on Triangle to see Score. Please note some multiple parts use just the 4 part SATB Score.
Singing Single Melodies with a Drone
MP3 with Soprano Voice and Cymbal
MP3 with Alto Voice and Cymbal
MP3 with Tenor Voice and Cymbal
MP3 with Bass Voice and Cymbal
Singing Harmony with One Other Voice and a Drone
MP3 with Soprano and Alto only with Cymbal
MP3 with Soprano and Tenor only with Cymbal
MP3 with Soprano and Bass only with Cymbal
MP3 with Alto and Tenor only with Cymbal
MP3 with Alto and Bass only with Cymbal
MP3 with Tenor and Bass only with Cymbal
Singing Harmony with Two Other Voices and a Drone
MP3 with Soprano, Alto and Tenor Only with Drone and Cymbal
MP3 with Soprano, Alto and Bass Only with Drone and Cymbal
MP3 with Alto, Tenor and Bass Only with Drone and Cymbal
Examples from the Course using Part Emphasis
Click on Triangle to see Score. These MP3s play all four parts but have one voice louder than the others. A One measure drone first establishes the key center.
Singing Harmony with Four Voices but with One Voice Emphasis.
MP3 with Soprano Emphasis and Cymbal
MP3 with Alto Emphasis and Cymbal
MP3 with Tenor Emphasis and Cymbal
MP3 with Bass Emphasis and Cymbal
The Most Complete Course for Developing Choral and Harmony Singing
This is a new ear training and sight singing book which takes a different approach by utilizing single line and part singing; where one voice is played while another is sung. With all the MP3s that are avaialbe every situation is covered so you can develop your singing skills in many ways.
- Digital IBSN: 978-1-59489-357-5
- 120 pages with 100’s of MP3s
- Midi files for each exercise.
- 13 Page PDF showing the chords with chord symbols that are played for each example.
- What people are saying:
- I sing in my church choir and this book has made one of the top singers in the group. Amazingly simple yet effective use of MP3s! The MP3s highlight a single voice which allows me to hear my part and then when I have it down I can sing along with the four parts where I blend in. It really helped me isolate melodies within a 4 part harmony and work on hearing them in the key center. Before I found muse-eek.com’s ear training I was trying to sing note to note and gauge the distance between notes. What a nightmare! I was singing off key and it was really hard to master my part. I’ve been working with Ear Training One Note Complete and Contextual Ear Training and now the “Lines Choral Ear Training Studies SATB” book and this combination has been great! I really feel like I’m finally getting somewhere with my singing. T. Anderson.
- I’m a jazz singer and found these versions of “Rhythm Changes” to be super useful. Plus they give interesting harmonic palettes for each example. Some are highly challenging and really give me a lot of ideas for improvising melodies over “Rhythm Changes” which is great because those chord changes apply to so many jazz and contemporary tunes. D. Henry.
- I’ve really enjoyed working through the examples in the book. It’s great to be able to concentrate on one part and then add in other parts at will. The MP3s are a godsend I can pick and choose with of the four parts to have playing. I can have my part play or not. This is a great idea to develop part singing. Love it. T. Schein.
Get “Lines Choral Ear Training Studies SATB” today and improve your ear training and sight singing skills!
Status: In stock, Physical book ships in 24 hours. Digital book is available for immediate access.
- Recommended books to use with “Lines Choral Ear Training Studies SATB”
- What should I work on after “Lines Choral Ear Training Studies SATB” Exercises?
- Please contact Bruce for additional ear training exercises..