Chord Workbook for Guitar Volume One
So now it's time to learn chords on the guitar!
- Do you need a logical system to learn the chords you need to know to play through ANY chord progression?
- Need a system to understand how chords are built and what notes you can add into chords for added spice and variety?
- Need a special “secret sauce” system that will have you memorizing the chords and the guitar fretboard at the same time?
- Need a book that will give you not only all the chords a professional guitarist needs to know but 36 cool chord progressions to apply these newly learned chords?
- Need a system for understanding how guitarists substitute chords?
- Want to spice up your blues playing with some new chord progressions?
- Want to work on sight reading chord voicings?
- Need information on the use of tensions in chords and chord progressions?
- Need some basic theory knowledge so that you understand the structures of chords?
If the answer is YES then Chord Workbook for Guitar Volume One will give you a logical system to learning chords so you can play any chord progression. You will also gain knowledge on how to reharmonize a progression and understand how chord progressions are organized.
Chord Workbook is one of Bruce Arnold's best selling books!
This book gives you all the basic chords you need to know to play any music. If you are a complete beginner all the chords you need are found in this book. If you are a budding jazz guitarist you will also find all the commonly used chords with the root on the low E and A string that a professional guitarist commonly uses in their playing. More importantly you will have 36 chord progression that you can play and reference for years. The theory behind these progressions is also included so you really can start creating your own progressions or reharmonizing jazz standards at will.
This book contains the following:
- The basic open chord voicings used in Folk, Country and Rock.
- Moveable chord forms commonly used in Rock and Jazz.
- Application of chords to common 2-5-1 progressions.
- In-depth explanation of chords and available tensions.
- All common 7th chords with tensions.
- In-depth reharmonization section so you can understand the theory behind chord progressions.
- Additional MP3s available on-line where each chord progression is played at 3 different tempos.
- Twelve 12 Bar Blues chord progressions. One in each key.
- Twelve 12 Bar Minor Blues chord progressions. One in each key.
- Twelve "Rhythm Changes" chord progressions. One in each key.
Get this highly acclaimed book and really get your chord playing together with a logical well organized system
- Additional Information:
- Digital Edition IBSN: 978-1-59489-868-6
- Physical Edition IBSN: 978-0-9648632-1-7
- 157 pages with audio examples of each chord progression available in the member's area.
- What people are saying:
- I wish I would have found this book first when I was learning chords. I went through a host of teachers and spent a ton on books and then found everything I needed in this book. Over time you come to the realization that you can't learn chords by repeatedly playing them each day unless you apply them to real music. That is exactly what this book does. It gives you super hip chord progressions which takes the boredom of playing chords over and over and makes it fun because you are playing music while you are learning. Do yourself a favor and get this book. I guarantee you won't be sorry. A. Vega
- I own a large library of chord books. Chord Workbook is the only one I use. It has so much more information than most books and is better organized. Typically you get a book with a plethora of chords but no chord progressions to apply the structures nor any information on how to use the chords. Chord Workbook really is a manual for any musician seeking the knowledge that you will only find if you go to college for contemporary music studies and then it probably won't be presented so logically. I teach my beginning students out of this book and my advanced jazz students. It's really that flexible. I strongly recommend this book for anyone who wants to the know the secrets behind great chord playing. F. Frankel
- I studied privately with Bruce Arnold for a few years. Chord Workbook was one of the books we used to learn chords in conjunction with a MP3 download available on the muse-eek.com site that Bruce recommended. With these MP3s Bruce plays the chord progression for a chorus while I improvise and then I play the chord progression with only a metronome click. It's like playing a duet with someone and at the same time teaching you to feel the form. The combination of this book and those MP3s changed me from someone who knew some chords to someone who could play with anyone now matter what their level. This also helped me developed an innate sense of a 12 form which shows up so often in modern music. Bruce also tortured me with reading all chord progression by just looking at the notes rather than the chord voicings. While this was extremely hard it did give me an advanced knowledge of not only the chords the but the guitar fret board. If you are looking to become a professional guitarist this book is a must own. A. Cohn
- I've been playing guitar for two years now, with no lessons but flexible fingers and a love of music. I recently (like a week ago) purchased this book and found it immediately helpful. One of the better routes a beginner should take to becoming a good guitarist is learning the basic chords that most songs employ. This book does that using "cycle 5" which is an in genius way to teach chords. I've learned tons of ways to play all 12 chromatic notes in 3 days! The progressions of chords at the end of the book are great also, they help you to get a feel for what notes work with what notes etc... I had no musical "insight" before this book (probably like most of you out there) but this book really walks you through the basics of music on the guitar. Be patience and practice, practice, practice! B. Meyers
- I purchased both the Chord Workbook for Guitar Volume 1 and 2. I am at the University of Alaska learning guitar (beginning my second semester), and I was looking for additional instruction. These books are full of clear, easy to understand chord diagrams. Volume 1, in addition to being full of chord diagrams, touches on much needed basics of music theory and chord construction. It is very helpful. I am thankful to have Mr. Arnold's books at my side. Also, I want to mention that I emailed Mr. Arnold with some questions about rhythm, time, notation, scales, and just some things I needed help on. He guided me to the right places and answered all my questions with great detail and encouragement. I was very impressed with his care and thoughtful response. You won't be disappointed putting your trust in the knowledge he has to share about guitars! S. Cartwright.
Get Started today and take your chord playing to a new level!
Status: In stock, physical book ships in 24 hours. Digital book is available for immediate access.
FREE SHIPPING WHEN ORDER TOTAL IS OVER 200.00 USD.
- Recommended books to use with Chord Workbook for Guitar Volume One
- What should I work on after Chord Workbook for Guitar Volume One?